Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pretty Much Screwed

I saw him the other day for the first time in months.

I mean, I've seen him recently, but today I really saw him --- me looking at him, him looking at me, right in the eyes and straight to the heart.

And I could feel it, I could feel him, and it was amazing.

It's there between us... I just wish he wasn't too afraid to see it.
I guess I should have said something, anything.

I mean for a guy who wants to be a writer, it suddenly seemed like no words had ever been written.

When someone tells you that they somehow stopped missing you, you're pretty much screwed no matter what you say.

See, but there had to be something right? Something that no one had ever said in the history of the world, something that could change this.

And, "Hi. How are you doin'?"

That wasn't it.

Damn.

1 comment:

John Halcyon von Rothschild said...

You'll be alright! Plenty of fish in the sea right?!?! Thats what WE ALL TELL OURSELVES. Wish that was the case eh! Plenty of fish, but none that you would want to catch. I just wish my Prince Charming would arrive. I'm getting pretty tired of waiting...

As for your man, sometimes it's really not meant to be. If it is then he'll come back for you in time, but hopefully you'll be there for him and won't tire waiting.

Love your blog! Ciao!