Friday, June 22, 2007

God walks with me

Sometimes I don’t know how to ask for help…

I just don’t…
I can get trapped inside my pain. Some nameless thing seems to tear at my insides. I freeze, thinking that if I don’t move, it will go away. So I don’t ask, I don’t talk, and the pain grows.

Does my face look calm?

Don’t be fooled.

I’m just afraid to let you see the truth. You might think I’m foolish or weak. You might reject me. So I don’t talk, and the pain remains.

But I listen…

And through other people God does for me what I can’t do for myself. One of the miracles I have found is that help often comes when I most need it…

When I can’t bring myself to reach out for help, it sometimes comes to me…

When I don’t know what to say, I am given the words I require…

And when I share what is in my heart, I may be giving a voice to someone who cannot find his own.

Today I have God who knows my needs.

As I walk, God is walking with me.

No comments: