Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A Few Fries Short of A Happy Meal


So, I'm on this road again. I am walking alone. I have nowhere to go. No safe base to call home.

As I walk and walk, I fall.

I reach up and someone grabs my hand, and helps me stand tall. He tells me all sorts of sweet things. He says that he'll always be there. He leads me into a false sense of security.

Then leaves as if he never cared.

Now, I am left standing on the same road. The sun is blocked by the trees. I cry for my lost love, then fall to my knees.

As I am sobbing out loud and wiping my tears, along comes a young man. He promises me years. I walk with this one. I can see the sun once more. I am so happy, not sad. I love him to the core. As we walk and talk and kiss, and hug (like young lovers do), in bounce to people.

Their faces are not new. The first one is my lost love. He is returning to have me as his prize. I belong to nobody but him. Well, at least in his eyes.

The second one is my current love, a friend, who is the carrier of bad news. He seems to want to tell me that my love is the one I will now lose. He tells me nothing but the truth. He doesn't want to break my heart, but he tells me that the sun isn't always going to shine, and me and my love will soon part.

My first love is also telling me that me and my second love were never meant to be.

So, now I am stuck on this road again, all alone and I cry.

Why do people fall in love?

When all that love does is die?

No comments: