Sunday, April 8, 2007

My Pockets Are Empty


I always had a dream that when I am asked to give an accounting of my life to a higher court, it will go like this:

"So, empty your pockets. What have you got left of your life? Any dreams that were unfulfilled? Any unused talents that we gave you when you were born that you still have left? Any unsaid compliments or bits of love that you haven't spread around?"

And I will answer, "I've nothing to return. I spent everything you gave me."

For 24 years, I have always done what I wanted to do. Call me a risk-taker but I am still doing it… Call me crazy… call it a shame but I am still saying it… That’s my simple life philosophy --- be what you want, do what you want, say and eat what you want, so long as you’re not stepping on anyone.

I wore the clothes I wanted to wear no matter how crazy they look or how expensive or cheap they were. But hey, I never looked like a fool with my choice of fashion.

I tried all types of hairstyle --- set it on gel… have it dyed… cut it really short… and grow it back again… I even had my head shaved several times (despite the cuts I get whenever I let them do it)…

I went to places I have always wanted to go… name it; I’ve been there.

If I want to say something, I’ll say it… If I want to say fuck you, I'm going to say fuck you. If you want to beep it out, go ahead and beep it out, but I will still say fuck you!

For me, life is to be enjoyed. It is to be lived and to be lived well.

So at the end of the day, my pockets are all empty… but my heart is full, my soul overflowing and my whole being jam-packed. . .

No comments: