Thursday, January 29, 2009

YM CONVERSATIONS (ISSUE NO.1)


Him: Buzz.

Me: Buzz.

Him: What’s up?

Me: Nothing much, just checking my mails. You?

Him: Sad.

Me: Oh, what’s the matter?

Him: Long story.

Me: I have all day. =)

Him: We broke up.

Me: Again?

Him: This time I think it’s for real.

Me: Why what happened?

Him: I caught him.

Me: With someone?

Him: Nope. It wasn’t really me who saw him, it was my friend.

Me: How sure is your friend that it was your boyfriend he saw?

Him: He was pretty sure.

Me: Where?

Him: Bath house.

Me: Oh dear, what is he doing there?

Him: I don’t know.

Me: I want to give you a hug right now. Do you want some company?

Him: I’d rather be alone.

Me: But text me if you need anything okay?

Him: What will happen to me?

Me: You’ll be fine. You have your whole life in front of you. You have your family, your job, your friends. You have me if that makes any difference to you.

Him: I can’t live without him.

Me: Sure you can. I mean it will be hard… but it will pass.

Him: What have I done to deserve this?

Me: Don’t be too hard on yourself. It wasn’t you. He screwed up. You had nothing to do with that. You can’t control someone, even if they love you.

Him: I don’t think he loves me.

Me: You guys should talk… if not now, when you are both ready. You have to know why he went there.

Him: Knowing the reason won’t help me.

Me: But if that will help you on your next relationship, I think it’s still worth knowing.

Him: I love him so much.

Me: We all know that. But it’s not yet over, you can still try to patch things up.

Him: Then, he’ll do it again?

Me: I can’t speak for him. But everyone deserves a second chance don’t you think?

Him: Hell no, he doesn’t. I’m hurting now.

Me: That’s normal. But you gradually get over the pain. It doesn't go right away, not for a long time, but it becomes easier to live with. One morning you wake up and he's not the first thing on your mind. And then a few months down the line you realize you've made it through half the day without thinking of him.

Him: How can I do that? We’ve been together for 2 years?

Me: Well, sometimes it takes months, sometimes, years, but eventually you reach a point when you only think about him occasionally. You manage to do this because you don't see him as often as now, you don't hear about him, you try not to think about him.

Him: Do you think I should talk to him?

Me: Of course, for all times sake. For all the wonderful memories you guys shared.

Him: What is closure gonna bring me?

Me: Peace of mind.

Him: So I guess this is it for us huh? 2 years and everything went down the drain.

Me: Parting is a joint decision; a person could not leave you if you were not willing to release them. Are you?

Him: Am I what?

Me: Willing to release him?

Him: This time I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice story. i am also living with guy who has a child. we are both bi. he still manage to support and act as father to his daughter who is already 6 years old now. He was married to his wife. no annulment made, but hes now living with me and made his wife understand who he really is. sometimes i catch my self jealous every time he go there, Not to his child but jealous for knowing he will.meet his wife again, who i think is still very much in love with him. I trust my partner, he said he love me so much, but i am just not comfortable for.him meeting this woman. Now, i have learned how to stay calm and just be positive.