Friday, April 27, 2007

Is that too much to ask?

U. Thant once said, "Every human being, of whatever origin, of whatever station, deserves respect. We must each respect others even as we respect ourselves."

So this goes to you.

Yes, you with the beady eyes.

You who are reading through this blog...

Understand that I make my thoughts public because I know I could somehow brighten another person's day. Maybe, in some way, I could influence my reader (you) into appreciating life more. However, understand that you reading through this blog does not mean you know me.

It does not mean we're close.

It does not mean we’re friends.

Never judge me.

What I write here is solely my opinion. And like parallel universes, I know that other opinions exist out there.

Hell, I know that opinions arise and are born from your early morning cereal... or from the depths or shallow waters of my blog.

But respect me.

Respect what I write here.

Respect the people I love and never rub whatever you think I think in their faces... Who knows? You might be translating me wrong.

Certain people have a way of saying things that shake us at the core. Even when the words do not seem harsh or offensive, the impact is shattering. What we could be experiencing is the intent behind the words.

When we intend to do good, we do.

When we intend to do harm, it happens.

What each of us must come to realize is that our intent always comes through. We cannot sugarcoat the feelings in our heart of hearts. The emotion is the energy that motivates. We cannot ignore what we really want to create. We should be honest and do it the way we feel it. What we owe to ourselves and everyone around is to examine the reasons of our true intent.

We become hypocrites instantly when we judge at face-value. And I know you know... and I trust that you would feel... slighted if a total stranger would go step onto a soapbox and declare to the world how you think and act and feel, every minute of every day, without really knowing or understanding the ramifications of your personality - and how it affects your thoughts and opinions.

RESPECT.

Is that too much to ask?

No comments: