Thursday, April 26, 2007

Someone is copying my blog…

I just found out that someone has copied several of my entries, word per word, and posted it on his blog, passing it off as his entry.

Not only is this stealing intellectual property rights, but the entries he chose to plagiarize happened to be some of my most personal ones. He even copied my idea of placing a little icon before every post.

He even had the nerve to tweak one of my entries written in Tagalog and change it’s title to something that was obviously derived from my title.

And to think he was even asking me for help with editing his photos.

I shall not name him, or his multiply address. I just really feel sad that there are people like him who take advantage of other people.

Needless to say, I am royally p-i-s-s-e-d.

Does this guy totally lack any ideas of his own?

I guess plagiarism is a pitfall of posting your writing on the internet.

If that’s the case, I don’t want to blog anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prince,

I am sorry to hear about what happened to you but I am not altogether surprised.

However, there are things that can be done to stop this, there are several laws that come into play here and it should be trivial to get the work removed if it is being hosted anywhere in the U.S. or EU.

If you wish, send me an email (use the form on my site if you wish) and give me the information on the plagiarist and the original. I'll gladly look into this for you and see what I come up with.

Let me know how I can help. I've resolved hundreds of plagiarism cases over the years and can probably at least do something here...