Friday, April 27, 2007

Memories of my Agents

Some find a moment of happiness, or a smile dances (oh so briefly!) across a tear stained face as these bits and pieces turn back the clock and once again life becomes good and whole and magical.

A story is remembered.

A joke retold.

A laugh bubbles past the tears, and for a few moments, we are suspended in memory. Yesterdays can be painful or joyful.

I was cleaning my mailbox yesterday when I saw the email I sent two of my agents one day before the effectively date of their resignation letters. Saying goodbye had never been this hard. I guess for me, all I really want to say is: “I miss you guys.”

Here’s a copy of that email:


Steffy and Kat,

A lot of people think the purpose of work is for people to apply what they learned in college.

How to deal with others. How to deal with clients. How to get along.

Assimilate.

But I'm telling you, it's not.

We are here to discover and develop our strengths as an individual.

That strength comes from within you, from facing your greatest fears and from not backing down when no one listens or cares or agrees.

When I look at both of you today, I see two matured women who have chosen to harness their power as individuals. And regardless of the outcome of this fight -- I thank you, both of you.

So...

Remember all of the good times and all of the special people that were with you during them.

Let go of the past, but don't forget it because there are a great many things that can be learned from what you have been through.

And most importantly: Follow your heart, Stand up for what you believe in, and take your own path always doing what you want to do.


I will miss you both terribly. Thank you for making me the Supersup for so many consecutive months.

God Bless.


Your former supervisor and forever friend,
Marvin

No comments: